med dotWordpress sites for the School of Medicine
med dot is an LT Team service available to staff at the School of Medicine at the University of St Andrews.
The med dot service helps staff who wish to have a small website set up for school related projects.
med dot is specifically aimed at individuals or groups requiring public facing web sites. For projects which are about sharing information within the School, other platforms are available.
In consultation with staff, LT Team members will provide a WordPress site on med.st-andrews.ac.uk typically containing the following elements:
- [Where appropriate] Design consistent with the School of Medicine subsidiary sites identity. This can include development of appropriate graphics for headers and logos.
- Static web pages with content and text, and other media as required (note – video must be hosted elsewhere, but may be embedded).
- [optional] A blog or news publishing area
- [optional] Hosting downloadable documents.
- [optional] Staff profiles pulled from the School of Medicine staff database.
- [optional] Pure publication feed if required for research publications.
- [optional] Twitter feed display widget.
- Basic web statistics on visitor usage.
The LT Team will set up the website with initial content supplied, and provide basic training to site editor(s) about how to edit existing content and add new material.
Some sample sites
If you would like to talk to the LT Team about developing a web site, please use the form below. The form is just a starting point, you can tell us much more about your particular requirements when we meet.