Congratulations to Lindsey Karmen who has won funding from the Wellcome Trust Biomedical Vacation Scholarship to work in the Gillespie group for two months this summer. Lindsey who hails from Calgary, Canada is an undergraduate medical student currently attending the University of St Andrews. She will be spending the summer developing a new Molecular Bacterial Load assay for Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria. Lindsey commented “I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with and learn from Professor Gillespie and members of the infection group at St Andrews. This will be my first experience conducting my own laboratory based research, and over the summer, I hope to develop skills that I will use in future clinical work and research projects.”
- Female academics at St Andrews
- Reduction in neonatal mortality in 10 hospitals
- Success for the Arclight Team at the Scottish Ophthalmology Meeting, Autumn 2017 – The Arclight Team presented a range of work at the recent Scottish Ophthalmology meeting picking up two prizes.
- EastBio PhD Scholarship Available
- Oral presentation at British Thoracic Society Winter Meeting, 2017 – Whole Genome Sequencing Studies of Mycobacterium abscessus